"There is more to a positive learning environment than the absence of mistreatment."
-- Student ELEAP Committee Member, 2018
The Mission of the Office of the Learning Environment is to ensure a safe, respectful, and equitable education experience for all students in the School of Medicine.
Our goals are to:
1. Celebrate individuals and environments that exemplify our mission
2. Identify incidents of harassment, mistreatment, or suboptimal learning environment
3. Support and advocate for students who experience such incidents
4. Respond to these incidents with inquiry, intervention, and/or referral
5. Promote positive learning experiences and prevent future incidents by facilitating professional development of educators and students
6. Implement innovative solutions to historic, systemic, and cultural factors in medicine that impede optimal educational experiences