University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Learning Environment Statement
Pitt Med's mission is to improve the health and well-being of individuals and populations through cutting-edge biomedical research, innovative educational programs in medicine and biomedical science, and leadership in academic medicine. We strive to implement this mission with the highest professional and ethical standards, in a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, and in an environment that enables all students, faculty and staff to develop to their fullest potential.
We are dedicated to creating a safe, equitable, and respectful educational environment for all students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, each member of the Pitt Med learning community will:
- Exemplify Pitt Med’s core values of integrity, collaboration, service, justice, and compassion.
- Serve as a role model by demonstrating high professional and ethical standards in all interactions.
- Respect all individuals, inclusive of sex, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, and marital, familial, or veteran status.
- Protect the safety of the learning environment by reporting and/or responding appropriately to incidents of mistreatment, harassment, and differential or unprofessional treatment.
- Willingly accept constructive feedback and use this information to improve one’s performance.